Patient Access: The First Step on the Ride to Improving the Patient Experience
In the wake of healthcare reform and the displacement to value-based care, hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers and physician practices need to achieve key financial objectives more than ever before, including increase staff efficiency, reduce denials, reduce appointment no-shows. Referral leakage and secure pre-service payment collection. But they are also focused on improving the patient experience – a key driver of numerous quality initiatives and one of the underlying foundations to value-based care models.
But not all healthcare call centers are constructed equal. To achieve patient access goals, it makes sense to seek a medical call center solution from WRC, whose representatives have healthcare experience, whose metrics offer wait times of less than 60 seconds, where there is 99% call routing accuracy and whose robust infrastructure offers high availability, scalability and security.
WRC Patient Access Services are generality useful for hospitals and their employed practices as well as independent practices with more than 15 full-time physicians. Our comprehensive medical call center solution handles daytime and after hours’ patient calls for organizations. This call volume can be made up of appointment calls, prescription refill requests, taking messages for nurses, medical requests, patient portal requests, and more. Our compassionate team of professional, healthcare experienced patient access representatives can assist your patients before they come to your office and after their visit, to ensure a seamless patient experience.
Optimize Revenue and refine the Patient Experience with Patient Access Services
WRC patient access services help hospitals and physicians assess and improve the financial health of their organization from the start of the revenue cycle. By improving the quality of patient registration and billing data at pre- or point-of-service, revenue cycle can run at top speed from the start and not only impact bottom line but improve the overall patient experience as well.
From nurse consultation, triage, disease management programs and post discharge follow up to pre-admission education, appointment scheduling, referrals, and billing collections, healthcare call center services from WRC will enable health system or physician organization to quickly answer virtually any patient inquiry.
From programing appointments to assisting with prescription refills to providing call support for clinical staff, these services are key to improving the quality of care and the overall patient experience journey at your hospital or practice.
- Nurse sorting Call Center Services, Message Line: Instant access to nurses who can assess the level of care needed for a patient and offer advice and direction for site of care, allowing hospital or practice to focus on the patients that are presenting for services and allow telephone inquiries to direct callers with evidence based triage protocols.
- Physician Referrals Services: Streamlining and consolidating providers by specialty, services, hours of operation and providing patients and physicians a prioritized service to accelerate referrals with increased accuracy, affords organization the opportunity to attract new patients and keep patients in-network, reducing lost patients and revenue.
- Prescription replenishment Line: Access for patients and local pharmacies to improve responsiveness to medication requests, increasing partisanship for patients to improve the overall quality of care.
- Preadmission and Post dis charge Communication: Seamless experience for patients from pre-registration, to post-discharge, improving quality of care along the care continuum.
- Illness Management Programs: Collaborative effort among call center staff and multiple providers to empower your patients to self-treat to control costs at organization.
- Patient Site of attend Location Navigation Support: Maps and logistical data to guide patients to hospital or medical building to help ensure on-time appointments and no impact to revenue.
- Healthcare proficient Patient Service Representatives: Patient service representatives with background in healthcare offer a level of understanding and support to enhance the patient’s experience and improve the overall reputation of organization.
Patient Scheduling Services
Physician scheduling optimization is an inalienable part of patient access. From eligibility to pre-service payment collection, patients are met with billing transparency and continue to stay in network with friendly medical appointment reminders and discharge follow up.
- Patient Registration: Access and expedient utilization of provider schedules allows your hospital or practice to improve the efficiency of appointment time slots to ensure patients are informed and organization revenue continues to grow.
- Outpatient Procedures: Schedule coordination among numerous providers and sites of care ensure patients follow through on directives, improving access to lab and test results and their overall quality of care.
- Adoptability and Medical Necessity Verification: Centralization of provider par non par records, insurance coverage, propensity to pay, charity care screenings and an approval process for medical necessity and authorization to ensure accurate billing and improve compliance.
- Service Payment Collection Services: Offering billing transparency and payment options to patients on the front end allows for an improved patient experience and reduced self-pay assemblage work on the back end.
Collections Services and Billing
Patient entrance is one piece of the revenue cycle. An efficient front end with proper pre-registration and billing practices will allow for improved hospital and physician billing and coding accuracy across the entire revenue cycle.
- Revenue Cycle Management Full Services: Billing and coding for multiple specialties and sub-specialties, including over 600+ certified coders, ensure coding accuracy, improve payment velocity and improve overall revenue for hospital or practice.
- Customer Service for Patient Payments: incomer calls from your patients regarding billing questions, with an emphasis on customer service and experience, will improve speed to pay from patients, directly impacting organization bottom line.
Technical Support Desk Services
Offering patients technical support for billing or just to get to their site of care is key to them keeping the appointments they made with your office, and key to organization bottom line.
Support Contact Services and Patient Portal: Help patients through billing and patient data online portals, ensuring great customer service and a seamless online healthcare experience.
Measuring the success of physician scheduling call center staff and processes is key to continuing to strive for 100% patient satisfaction ratings and an overall improvement in the patient experience.
- Customized Phone Scripts: Access to provider schedules, new patient acceptance rules, pre-registration paperwork and more allow call center agents to personalize calls for each patient by physician, improving compliance across hospital-employed practices and the overall patient experience.
- Quality Assurance and Tracking Tools: Recorded and monitored calls ensure call center reps are acting within highest held standards, that soft skills are being utilized effectively and that by providing excellent customer service patients stay in network and organization revenue increases.
- Dashboard: Real-time data and analytics measure call service levels such as speed to answer, abandonment rates and average handle time to ensure your patients’ needs are met with immediacy and friendly representatives, keeping your patients satisfied and in network.